Saturday, August 6, 2016

Emma: Elegance, Embroidery, and the Eiffel Tower


One of my last days in Paris turned into one I will never forget. My mom and I visited the "Anatomy of Fashion" exhibition at the Palais Galliera, and it was engaging all across the board. A few of the key features included in the exhibition are a collection of Audrey Hepburn's hats, vintage Prada, and even clothing worn by Marie Antoinette. Needless to say, I was in my element.




The building itself is something to look at. The exterior showcases many grand pillars, a round veranda, and beautiful statues. The inside was just as wonderful, with large windows and doors, marble floors, and intricate ceilings. 






I knew that I had to rise to the occasion and dress to impress! I was so excited to wear this embroidered skirt that I purchased while in Rome, and it did not disappoint.





 I paired this detailed skirt with a plain black top for an angle of simplicity. I love how the skirt draws your attention, but the top balances it out.

  When we were finished at the museum, we left through this gorgeous black gate and headed to the streets to find a cafĂ© for lunch.


 On our way to lunch, some beautiful blue doors caught my eye, and I could not pass up the opportunity for some more photos. My mom and I are intrigued by the notion of walking down an ordinary street and finding unexpected treasures, like these doors, all along the way. It's not something you see often in Kansas City!





Outfit details:
Top: TJ Maxx // similar, similar, similar
Skirt: ZARA // actual, similar, similar, similar
Shoes: Sole Society // actual, similar, similar, similar
Jacket: Anthropologie // actual (different wash), similar, similar
Sunglasses: J.Crew // similar, similar, similar
Wide ring: Tiffany & Co. // actual, similar
Small ring: etsy // similar
...
nn
Our final destination was the very top of the Eiffel Tower! Here are some photos taken at its peak.





I celebrated climbing 1,700 steps with a glass of bubbly! (Just kidding, we took the elevator... but still worth celebrating!)  
 

 We ended the evening by sitting on the Trocadero lawn and watching the tower light up. It was a beautiful evening, enhanced by such a beautiful structure.

I am so happy with this post. Thank you for reading! See you soon!

E

Social media:
blog instagram: @eandablog
personal instagram: @evaughtbot
pinterest: emmacvaughters
snapchat: ecv.blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.