Monday, May 11, 2015

Emma: Mother's Day 2015 DIY

Mother's Day 2015

I'm a very crafty type--that's why I want to share this cute and fun DIY project that I designed and made my mom for Mother's Day. This gift is timeless, and can be tweaked for any occasion and for anybody! I hope this post can inspire your next homemade gift.


Supplies: (all are variable depending on who and what you are making it for!)
-Three mason jars of choice (I used 1 quart and 2 pint-sized)
-A bouquet of flowers
-A mini wooden chalkboard sign
-Lace ribbon
-Card-stock of any color
-Printed paper of any print/color
-Tissue paper
-Candy of choice (or anything small that can fit into a jar)


I truly believe that every day is Mother's Day. I feel so blessed to have a mom who doubles as my best friend! This year I brainstormed forever before deciding what to get my mom. I finally decided to combine a few of her favorite things into a homemade treasure.

Both my mom and I are the sentimental type. Though material gifts are nice, I think that a gift with sentimental charm is the best way to let somebody know that you care about them. That's why I DIY'd this project, adding personal touches that she would love.



 In my large jar, I added three stems of hydrangeas from Trader Joe's. They were the last blue ones and I'm so glad I snagged them!(Not that I got them last minute, or anything ;))I found this chalkboard sign at Michael's and thought it added a cute touch!
I love the delicacy of mason jars. They are so inexpensive and shabby-chic. I hot-glued lace ribbon to the rims. 

To label the project, I used a card-stock tag from Michaels and tied it around one of the small jars. I matted a cute piece of scrapbook paper onto the tag to give it some color! 


In the jar on the left, I wrote out some of my favorite Mother's Day quotes and some reasons why I love my mom. I used striped scrapbook paper and matted the sayings onto card-stock. In the jar on the right, I wrapped about 8 Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups (yum!) in pink tissue paper. Both jars were a hit with my mom.

Whether made for a favorite teacher, best friend, or mother, this gift is sure to let the receiver know that you love them.

I hope you feel inspired!

XOXO
E

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.