Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Emma: OOTD 2/18/15


OOTD: February 18, 2015


As I am most days (everyday, actually), I was in the mood to dress comfortably today. Comfortable, to most, means leggings, sweatpants, etc. To me however, to be comfortable is to be perfectly content with what I'm wearing. Today was just that.


I combined nearly ALL of my favorite staples from my closet to create this outfit. Two of those staples being a striped J.Crew linen tee, and a Rebecca Taylor comfy cardigan. 


J.Crew + stripes... How can you go wrong? 
J.Crew's linen tees are simply the comfiest, most versatile tees I have ever owned. I can pair them with leggings, I can pair them with a skirt--and, of course, anything in-between. Today I opted for my navy and white striped, pairing it with a nude cardigan. Simplicity at its prettiest.




I have two cardinal rules when it comes to jewelry:
1. Less is more
2. Never mix metals

My first rule is pretty self-explanatory. Instead of overloading with ornaments, I prefer to keep things clean, limiting myself to a minimal amount of jewelry each day. My second rule is also fairly clear: I never mix metals when it comes to jewelry. In my opinion, silver and gold clash with each other, and each makes a separate statement.

    

As for my pants, I never miss a chance to pair my white jeans with anything. They provide a clean, neutral palette for just about any outfit.


J.Crew's MacAlister wedges seem to make it on my feet at least once every week... It seems I got lucky, as they are the same color as my cardigan! In this outfit, they create the perfect balance from head to toe.




Outfit details: 
Top: J.Crew
Cardigan: Rebecca Taylor
Pants: J.Crew
Shoes: J.Crew
Bracelet: Tiffany & Co.
Necklace: Etsy (similar one here)

Have a lovely week!

XOXO
E



















4 comments:

  1. I love the neutral palette of that outfit! Is it just me or does that outfit makes it seem easy to jump into almost any look, whether casual or classy? In any case, you did an amazing job putting that altogether. Thanks for sharing that, Emma! All the best to you! :)

    Derek Osborne @ Pure Love Boutique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Derek! I also love the clean and neutral colors of this look, and try to incorporate simplicity in to every outfit that I wear. Also, I definitely agree that it would be easy to dress-up or dress-down depending on occasion. Thank you for your thoughts!

      Delete
  2. That cardigan seems really comfortable to wear. I love the color combination and how you matched everything, although your shoes caught my attention the most. You have a great sense of fashion, Emma. Thanks for sharing that! Kudos and all the best to you!

    Randy Weaver @ True Fashionistas Resale

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Randy! The shoes and cardigan are definitely my favorite elements of the outfit, and I love how well they coordinate. Thanks for viewing our blog!

      Emma

      Delete

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.