Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Good Eats: Heirloom Bakery and Hearth

Good Eats [goo d  • eets] : A new series of posts dedicated to all things food.

Featuring: Heriloom Bakery & Hearth in Kansas City

Last weekend, my best friend Isabel came to stay with me and experience good old KC! From the moment we planned her visit, I knew I had to take her to my favorite food place: Heirloom Bakery & Hearth. Heirloom is a charming, rustic café in KCMO. The atmosphere is homely, inviting, and  constantly smells of the delicious bread and pastries baking in the corner. 


Isabel ordered the "Build Your Own Grilled Cheese" sandwich with goat cheese, mozzarella, bacon, and pesto. Judging solely from the single bite I took of it, I definitely recommend this creation. Each sandwich comes with kettle chips as well; Isabel picked BBQ.


Ahhhh. This photo brings back tasteful memories! I ordered the daily special of ham, sharp cheddar, arugula, and pesto on rye. This sandwich was great. I do, however, wish I could have added mozzarella⎯Heirloom's mozzarella is decadent. I subbed a side-salad for chips; this one has cinnamon apples, feta, and clementine on mixed greens. 



You simply cannot pay a visit to Heirloom without choosing one (or two! or three...) of their delicious pastries. Isabel got the cranberry orange glazed scone. I'm not the biggest fan of scones, but this one was great.



Homemade poptarts are equivalent to pure bliss. Heirloom's are no exception. Around halloween, I had their seasonal pumpkin variety and fell in love with the first bite! This time, I went for the apple cinnamon, and it was just as amazing. 



At the end of my meal, I ordered some hot chocolate. It wasn't anything special, but nonetheless was a yummy, warm treat on the cold day!




1 comment:

  1. This place doesn’t have any 'i'm too cool and busy for you' wait staff. As per me, everyone at venue Houston TX is nice, friendly, and helpful and they really seem to like their jobs there and that is important to me. We had an awesome experience here.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.