Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Emma: New Orleans Visit




A few weeks ago, I had the privilege of visiting a beautiful city, New Orleans, and one of my dream schools, Tulane University. Here are some of the highlights from my trip: the unique city, gorgeous college campus, and amazing food.




The French Quarter has a different historic, beautiful building everywhere you look. 


This place can never be as ROYAL as Kansas City, but I spotted this street name nonetheless! #foreverroyal



Dinner night one was at Ralph's on the Park. Afterward, we headed to Café du Monde—it's open 24/7, which means your beignet cravings will never be left unfulfilled. Unless you live in Kansas, of course... (sigh)




I like to call this photo "Come with me... to the Emeril's City" (for my fellow Wicked fans). This meal was spectacular. I highly recommend this restaurant for a classic New Orleans dining experience! And the crème brûlée? To die for.


Our fourth morning, we dined at a charming French café near our hotel. You can bet I finished every last bite of this decadent pecan caramel chocolate chip french toast.


These are some of the many bakery goodies at Café Beignet: I ordered the chocolate-dipped palmier after breakfast one morning, and still pride myself on picking out such a scrumptious cookie.








I partook in the formal Tulane Preview Day tour and fell in love with this school immediately. The campus is beautiful, and being here just felt right. I can't wait to visit again before I make my final college decision! (Yikes. I still feel like I'm 12.)

Interested in my outfit (photo 1)?
Details:
Top: J.Crew Factory (similar)
Sweater: Urban Outfitters (actual)
Jeans: J.Crew (similar)
Boots: Sole Society (actual)
Bag: Sole Society (actual)
Sunnies: J.Crew Factory (actual)

I hope you enjoyed this travel post!

E

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.